Sending Email Notifications on SeaTable¶
Types of Email Sending in SeaTable¶
There are currently five types of emails sent in SeaTable :
- User resets their password
- User has been added as a collaborator in a table, or mentioned in a comment (depends on the user's email notification settings and that the notification is not seen within 1 hour)
- User has been shared with a base or added to a group
- System admin adds new members
- System admin resets user password
Options of Email Sending¶
Add the following lines to
dtable_web_settings.py to enable email sending.
EMAIL_USE_TLS = False EMAIL_HOST = 'smtp.example.com' # smpt server EMAIL_HOST_USER = 'email@example.com' # username and domain EMAIL_HOST_PASSWORD = 'password' # password EMAIL_PORT = 25 DEFAULT_FROM_EMAIL = EMAIL_HOST_USER SERVER_EMAIL = EMAIL_HOST_USER
1. If your email service does not work, you can check the log file
logs/dtable_web.log to see what may have caused the problem.
2. If you want to use the email service without authentication, leave
EMAIL_HOST_PASSWORD blank (
''). The emails will then be sent without a
3. About using SSL connection (using port 465): Port 587 is being used to establish a TLS connection and port 465 is being used to establish an SSL connection. Starting from Django 1.8, it supports both.
If you are using Gmail as email server, use following lines:
EMAIL_USE_TLS = True EMAIL_HOST = 'smtp.gmail.com' EMAIL_HOST_USER = 'firstname.lastname@example.org' EMAIL_HOST_PASSWORD = 'password' EMAIL_PORT = 587 DEFAULT_FROM_EMAIL = EMAIL_HOST_USER SERVER_EMAIL = EMAIL_HOST_USER